Boutique Plantation Hotel was converted from a plantation estate to a hotel in the early 1970s then refurbished by the Mustique Fire Fly hotel group in 2008. The original west indian plantation buildings are 250 years old. A large swimming pool is at beach level, just five minutes walk from the oceans edge. Atmosphere here is of sublime wild beauty. The Plantation is peaceful and private with lush natural valley and ocean views. An authentic sugar mill chimney is shrouded by palms and frangipani and you can hear the sound of ocean waves beyond the fruit orchards. 6 bedrooms are spread across two accommodation buildings. 4 individual beautifully appointed guest rooms & a 2 bedroom Plantation Cottage. The communal area houses a beautiful large ocean view lounge, bar and a beautiful open air restaurant on the terrace above the pool. The views are pristine, overlooking the palm and banana groves over a green pasture and out to sea. Soft cool breezes roll in off the ocean. The staff are well trained as you would expect. Fresh produce from the plantation makes for delicious cuisine. Jerry Hall, Rachel Wiesz, Orlando Bloom, Jude Law, Roman Abramovich, Hunter Davies (not necessarily all together) have called in for sundowners, taking a break from the exclusive isolation of their rented houses on Bequia and Mustique. The main harbour is 5 minutes drive away. West coast beaches are a further 2 minutes drive.
The Conde Nast Johansens team “Loved the charming old-fashioned feel of this Caribbean hotel.”
Bequia is on the top of Island Magazine’s 2008 list of “The best islands to live on…”
- 13.3 acre plantation.
- Includes several 200 year old plantation buildings.
- Three developed buildings
- Building 1. Restaurant, Lounge, Bar, Yoga studio, massage room, managers office.
- Building 2. Plantation cottage with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Building 3. Two storey house with 4 beautifully appointed suites
- Perspective – facing east. Watch sunrise and moonrise from your room.
- Large swimming pool with double beds, and covered sofas.
- Historic 280 year old Sugar Mill
- Fully staffed and operational
- Extensive storage rooms, chilled room etc.
- Extensive in and above ground water reservoir
- Fresh water well
- Solar water heaters
- Wi Fi internet
- Horse Paddock
- Fruit Orchard – producing oranges, grapefruit, bananas, breadfruit, guava, Bequia plums, mangos and all variety of wonderful and exotic crops.
- Planning Permission to expand to 30 bedrooms and / or sell off lots for residential or managed villa development
- Conde Nast recommended present operators
- Celebrity Clientele. Mustique cache.
- Local company hold Aliens License for the Fire Fly Hotel
- Required by law (can take 6 months)
- Preserves new owners anonymity.
- Avoids sales and purchase taxes
- Sales and Purchase tax 5% stamp duty. 5% Alien Land Holding fee.
- No Capital Gains Tax
- No Inheritance Tax
- Very Low Property Tax
Part of the British Windward Islands, Bequia (or other island)… is the second largest of the Grenadines a strand of tiny, private islands. St. Vincent and the 30 some islands and cays that make up St. Vincent and the Grenadines are a favorite of those seeking a quiet respite on a secluded Caribbean island. With in one hour are the larger island destinations of Grenada, St. Lucia and Barbados.
Bequia Island Airport 20 min by car
Canouan Private Jet airport 10 minutes flight
Barbados International 50 min flight
Grenada International 40 min flight
Contact Global Specialist Dixie Wiley at 703.347.5224 firstname.lastname@example.org