Looking for a truly tasty travel experience? Why not make your next pleasurable vacation a journey that expands your palate as well? Whether you are in need of a quick, close-to-home getaway to simply recharge, a group vacation with family or friends to reconnect, or that once-in-a-lifetime trip to Tahiti, Australia or another faraway land, your journey begins with a call to one of our experienced travel specialists. Wine tasting? Cooking classes? Shopping with the chef? From recipes to kitchen tools, from favorite markets to preparation secrets, you’ll see how the experts turn ingredients into divine dishes.
Culinary travel offers an extravaganza of new discoveries and delicious options. This is just a sample of the many enticing wine-and-food-themed vacations we have available. And of course, whatever your destination or desire, we’ll ensure you receive the very latest deals. Contact Dixie at 703-347-5224 to discuss your culinary travel needs.
7-Nights San Francisco and Wine Country Delights (Summer 2011) from $1,750
7-Nights San Francisco and Wine Country Delights (Summer 2011) beginning and ending in San Francisco. Live the laidback lifestyle of Californians in the Free & Easy tour of San Francisco and Wine Country. Discover the iconic sights of San Francisco, from the Golden Gate Bridge to Alcatrez, before heading to California’s world-famous Wine Country. Tour the lush vineyards of Napa, sample fine wines, and even blend your own bottle of wine.
- First Class hotel accommodation includes two-bedded rooms with private facilities, all hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
- Touring by luxury air-conditioned motorcoach with reclining seats and a restroom onboard.
- The services of one of Trafalgar’s top professional Tour Directors.
- A stylish wallet, tour documents and Welcome on Tour book with map.
Valid Travel Dates – 8/29/2011 – 9/30/2011
7-Nights A Taste of the Pacific Northwest from $3,290
New for 2011! A celebration of the good life… that’s what living in the Pacific Northwest is all about. Tauck’s eight day immersion in the art of living well includes: Pike Place Public Market A vast cornucopia of culinary delights in the heart of downtown Seattle! Take a walking tour through a nine-acre indoor farmers market where you’ll meet the farmers, fishmongers, cheesemakers, and food artisans who sustain the Northwest’s burgeoning food culture. Food tastings with interpretations an epicurean’s dream! Granville Island Culinary Walk A chef-guided walking tour takes you through a gourmand’s heaven of gastronomic delights at the Granville Island Public Market… rich aromas permeate the air warm baked goods, fragrant spices, fresh flowers… all culminating in an exclusive farewell reception and dinner featuring cooking demonstrations and Pacific Northwest taste sensations. Hood River Vineyards You don’t have to be a connoisseur to appreciate the full-bodied organic wines at this family-owned and operated vineyard in Oregon wine country. Learn the fine art of wine tasting and how the winery integrates locally grown fruit into specialty wines. Afternoon Tea at The Butchart Gardens Enjoy afternoon tea at the famous gardens, served in the elegant family residence in a traditional style that typically features seasonal fresh fruit, tea sandwiches, homemade sweets, berry jam and Devonshire cream, all locally produced.
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Seattle’s Pike Place Market with an interpretive guide, featuring food tastings
- A guided culinary walking tour through Victoria, British Columbia, meeting local chefs, vintners and food artisans
- A treetop adventure through the canopy of a coastal rainforest, over a network of footbridges above a British Columbia river gorge
- Cider tasting, expertly paired with a delicious savory tasting platter, at a British Columbia ciderhouse overlooking the sea
- Tauck Exclusive dinner at the top of Seattle’s Space Needle with stunning views of the cityscape and mountains
- Flightseeing by floatplane from The Butchart Gardens to Vancouver
- A chef-guided tour through the Granville Public Market in Vancouver, an epicurean’s paradise
- 14 meals (7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners); service charges, gratuities to local guides, admission fees, taxes and porterage
Valid Travel Dates – 8/06/2011 – 10/23/2011
7-Nights New Orleans: Bayous & The Big Easy from $2,750
New for 2011! Tauck’s 8-day New Orleans / Cajun Country experience is filled with Tauck Exclusives like an authentic Cajun house party, a private demonstration at the New Orleans School of Cooking, a private streetcar tour, a field trip with community organizers to the Lower 9th Ward, and a private farewell jazz reception and dinner at Arnaud’s… plus visits to Vermilionville, Avery Island and the National World War II Museum, an Atchafalaya Swamp boat trip, five nights at historic French Quarter hotels and more!
- Tauck Exclusive: A private culinary experience at the New Orleans School of Cooking in the French Quarter, featuring a special cooking demonstration and a memorable meal
- Tauck Exclusive: A private, home-cooked porch lunch at a Bal de Maison house party in the heart of Cajun Country, featuring traditional Cajun food, music and storytelling
- Tauck Exclusive: An exclusive tour aboard a private streetcar along New Orleans’ famous St. Charles Avenue, lined with live oaks and grand, historic mansions from another era
- Tauck Exclusive: Insights from an environmental expert and a field trip with volunteers & community organizers in the 9th Ward that reveals how you help Tauck support New Orleans’ recovery
- A special visit to New Orleans’ National World War II Museum including the 4-D experience, Beyond All Boundaries
- Traditional Cajun dinner and entertainment in Breaux Bridge, the Crawfish Capital of the World
- A horse-drawn carriage ride through the French Quarter to a farewell jazz reception and dinner at historic Arnaud’s
- Visits to Vermilionville, Avery Island, Atchafalaya Swamp, Shadows-on-the-Teche & New Orleans Jazz Nat’l Historical Park
- Multiple-night stays in the heart of the French Quarter at the historic Hotel Monteleone & The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
- 16 meals (7 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 5 dinners)
- Service charges, gratuities to local guides, admission fees, taxes and porterage
Valid Travel Dates – 9/06/2011 – 11/09/2011
8-Night Food Network Guided Vacation: Italy – Enjoy the ultimate pairing of cuisine and culture
Food Network is ready to take you on a trip around Italy to experience the best culinary highlights and iconic sights in a country famous for its food on an 8-night guided tour operated by Trafalgar exclusively for us.
You’ll start in Rome, the capital of Italy, where our expert guides will take you to several can’t-miss historical attractions, including the Forum, the Coliseum, St. Peter’s Basilica, and Piazza Navona. Visit Rachael Ray’s picks in Rome, including a gelateria, along with selections from the culinary professionals in Food Network Kitchens.
Your trip will continue throughout Tuscany, where you’ll taste a variety of wines and olive oils and learn to make pasta the traditional way at a wine estate in Chianti. After we head to Pisa and enjoy lunch at an authentic Tuscan restaurant amongst olive groves, we’ll take you to Venice, where you will visit Giada DeLaurentiis’s favorite fish market. With several exclusive opportunities that only Food Network can create, alongside cultural highlights, this trip to Italy is sure to be magnifico!
- 2 nights Rome at NH Giustiniano
- 4 nights Tuscany at Il Piccolo Castello
- 2 nights Venice at Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria
- 8 Full Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 5 Dinners (D)
- Private luxury motor coach with air-conditioning, reclining seats and a restroom
- Sightseeing, special features and scenic highlights as indicated in the itinerary, including admission charges where applicable
- Hotel taxes, service charges and baggage handling
- Airport transfers on arrival in Rome Leonardo Da Vinci Airport at 09:30, 12:30 and 15:30. (À la carte: Individual transfers may be purchased if arriving outside of these times). Airport transfers from Venice Marco Polo Airport on departure at 08:00 and 09:30. (À la carte: Individual transfers may be purchased if arriving outside of these times)
Our Exclusive Offer:
- Welcome Drink with Dinner on the first night to get to meet your Food Network Travel Host and fellow Food Network Fans
- Services of a professional Food Network Travel Director
- Food Network Recommendations Booklet for dining “As You Wish” at your leisure
- Highlights Include:
- Hands-On Cooking Class
- Wine Tastings
- Lunch at Villa San Michele Fiesole
Valid Travel Dates – 5/11/2012 – 10/12/2012
Prices are per person, land only, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability and change without notice. Prices reflect land only accommodations, airfare is additional. Blackout dates/seasonal supplements may apply.